November 9, 2011
Yes, We Cane? Some Take-Aways On Newsweek's Herman Cain Cover
1. You know, I can’t tell if Newsweek, having offered this Herman Cain promo to the world a few weeks ago, would like to walk this back now, or there’s next-to-no downside because memories are so short and we’ve gotten lost in the hype-machine.
2. And though this confused me at the time, following the train wreck, this now seems perfectly in line with Tina Brown’s penchant for pro-women covers.
3. Like ’08 all over again: Race wins out over gender.
4. Cain enabled.
5. Pretty disgusting lending this guy Obama’s coattails. …And that was before the scandals broke. The anti-Obama? They haven’t invented a yardstick that long.
6. Corporate poster child in the age of Occupy.
7. Next Week: Can Pizza Recover?
8. Parting snapshot: “It’s all good.”