January 5, 2011
Day 1: Lake Boehner
1. For Emoters Anonymous, the equivalent of Nixon going to China.
2. Oh Gawd, it’s getting worse.
3. Put that in your typology!
4. Like I said, he’s just McConnell and Cantor’s patsy.
5. Ha! And you thought I was planning to riff on the phallic implications of the giant gavel.
6. Just let one Dem wet the hanky, and see what happens.
(photo: Tim Sloan/Getty Images. caption: Newly elected US Speaker of the House John Boehner (R)(R-OH) wipes his eyes as he is introduced by outgoing Speaker Nancy Pelosi (L)(D-CA) during the opening session of the 112th Congress on January 5, 2011 on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.)