This edition of the BAGnewsSalon examined nine Obama Administration images leading up to the 100-day mark. We hoped to consider various factors, including how the White House frames issues via pictures; what the images say about the character and capacities of Obama and his team; and whether the images evidence a new tone and attitude in the country now.
The BAGnewsSALON is an on-line, real-time examination of news and political images between invited guests andBNNreaders and visitors.
- Michael Shaw Host, Publisher, BagNewsNotes.
- Cara Finnegan Moderator, Professor of Communication – U. of Illinois. Co-editor: Visual Rhetoric: a reader in communication and American culture
- Nathan Stormer Professor of Communications and Journalism/U. of Maine; Salon producer.
- Loret Steinberg Professor of Photojournalism and Documentary Photography/R.I.T.
- Michael Steinberg historian
- Brian Ulrich photographer
- Daryl Lang PDN
- David Schonauer American Photo
Produced for BagNews by Neil Harris
Images and Selected Quotes: